Family Counseling is available at the Foundation 2 Youth Shelter. Long-term counseling is provided on a sliding fee scale, based on income and ability to pay. Contact 319-366-8797 to schedule an appointment.
Shelter and family counseling services are designed to:
- Restore appropriate parent-child roles
- Clarify strengths, values, and needs
- Aid in listening and understanding
- Explore solutions to troubling issues
- Build skills in order to prevent or resolve future conflicts
They focus on preventing runaway behavior, suicide attempts, child abuse, family breakup, school failure, or the placement of a runaway or homeless youth.
Referrals are accepted from parents/guardians, law enforcement officials, social workers, and other human service professionals. Contact the Foundation 2 Youth Shelter at 319-366-8797.