An employment opportunity is available at the Foundation 2 Youth Shelter. We have a 17 bed facility providing child welfare emergency services for young people in crisis including court ordered clients ages 11-17 and in-home youth ages 8-17. This position provides a trauma-informed, supportive environment for youth and adolescents at the Foundation 2 Youth Shelter.
The office is at our youth shelter and ensures the safety and welfare of the youth you are serving. This is accomplished through actively seeking to learn about each child, building positive relationships, looking for strengths, and by valuing the uniqueness of each youth. The case manager will help youth and their family to improve home dynamics and stabilize their current living environment, while always being mindful of the history and challenges faced by each client. Documentation of interactions and communication with youth and family is required daily. All shelter employees treat residents, their families, visitors and other staff with respect and consideration to create a place of emotional safety. This position pays up to $18.87 per hour with benefit dollars.
- BA/BS degree in human service field from an accredited college.
- Minimum of 2 years’ full-time experience working in social work or delivery of human services.
- Candidates must also possess a valid driver’s license, be insurable by agency insurance, and pass all criminal and child abuse background checks.
- Education or training in a trauma-informed environment.
- Experience with at-risk adolescents in a shelter or residential facility.
- Experience with practicing from a strengths-based perspective
- Knowledge of conflict resolution and de-escalation techniques.
Interested persons should complete our employment application on the Foundation 2 website at www.foundation2.org, under About, Job Openings. Please include a cover letter and your resume.
Resumes, applications and cover letter accepted until position is filled. We offer competitive pay, benefits, and generous PTO.
Foundation 2 is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, political affiliation, veteran, or disability status.