Are you passionate about impacting the lives of at-risk youth? Do you want a position that allows you to make a difference?
Description: An employment opportunity is available at the Foundation 2 Youth Shelter. We have a 17 bed facility providing short-term stays in a safe compassionate environment for young people ages 11 – 17.
Duties Include: Providing supervision and support services for youth residents and operating as an effective team member. Shift specific tasks include ensuring shelter operations are meeting client needs as well as documentation, communication, transportation, meal preparation, and building maintenance must be completed each shift.
- Education and Experience: BA/BS degree (related field preferred) and 1 year of human service experience, or AA degree (related field preferred) and 2 years human service experience.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable by the agency insurance policy.
- Pass all criminal and child abuse background checks. Some computer experience required.
- Submit a copy of college degree or transcript as required by licensure for personnel file.
- Successfully complete required trainings within required time periods.
- Complete a physical exam prior to the beginning of employment and every 3 years thereafter, and be free of communicable diseases as determined by a physician.
Desired Qualifications: Experience working with at-risk youth. Education or training in trauma informed care, strengths based practices, conflict resolution and de-escalation techniques.
No inquiries by phone. All questions will be answered during a pre-screening phone call.
Resumes, applications and cover letter accepted until position filled.
Foundation 2 is an equal opportunity employer.