When you need care but don’t know where to turn—My Care Community can help.
What is My Care Community?
Sometimes you need more care than one organization can provide. That’s where My Care Community comes in.
We’re a network of health care and social service providers who work together to help you find the care you need. We make it fast and easy to get referrals to doctors, social workers, mental health counselors and other services that keep you and your family safe and healthy.
How It Works
Joining My Care Community is easy.
- Visit a My Care Community partner organization.
- Give the ok for us to work with our partners to coordinate your care.
- We will connect you to the right resources and get you needed appointments, saving you time, extra phone calls and extra paperwork.
At My Care Community, your information is always safe and confidential.
Sign Up for My Care Community
It’s easy to join My Care Community. The next time you visit one of our partner organizations, just ask to sign up. You will sign a consent form to let us coordinate care with our partners and we will take care of the rest!
My Care Community Partners
These providers are part of My Care Community. Together, they help you access the resources you need to stay healthy and safe:
- Abbe Center for Community Mental Health
- Area Ambulance Service
- Area Substance Abuse Council
- CarePro Health Services
- Community Health Free Clinic
- Mental Health/Disability Services of the East Central Region
- Eastern Iowa Health Center
- Foundation 2
- Hawkeye Area Community Action Program (HACAP)
- Heritage Area Agency on Aging
- His Hands Free Medical Clinic
- Horizons, A Family Service Alliance
- Linn County Public Health
- Mercy Medical Center
- Metro Care Connection – Cedar Rapids Community School District
- Tanager Place
- UnityPoint Health—St. Luke’s Cedar Rapids
- United Way of East Central Iowa
- Waypoint Services
My Care Community Frequently Asked Questions
- What is My Care Community?
My Care Community is a local group of community providers who connect you to programs that keep you healthy and safe. We coordinate care for you and your family, so it’s easier to make appointments, get referrals and find the care you’re looking for.
- How does My Care Community Work?
When you visit a My Care Community partner organization, you can choose to join My Care Community. Just give the ok for us to work with our partners to figure out if you are eligible for certain programs and services. Then we can connect you to the right places without you having to call multiple offices or fill out extra paper work.
- How does My Care Community help me and my family?
Sometimes you need more care than one organization can provide. That’s where My Care Community comes in. Our friendly and welcoming service providers listen to your story and help you determine what care is needed. They then connect you to any additional programs and services you may qualify for.
Learn what programs and services you’re eligible for without having to call multiple offices or fill out extra paperwork.
No need to remember old names and dates, or which services you’ve already used.
Safe and confidential.
Care coordination and referrals for your entire family.
- How does the community benefit from My Care Community?
My Care Community providers communicate, share resources and coordinate referrals to improve the well-being of everyone who lives in our community. We take a proactive approach to assessing the social determinants of health and health equity to improve health outcomes, both now and in the long run.
- What kinds of services can I get through My Care Community?
Our partners offer a variety of different health care and social services, from regular doctor’s appointments and check-ups, to mental health screenings, child care assistance, addiction treatment and more.
- Who can use My Care Community?
My Care Community is open to all residents located within the service area of our partners.
- How do I sign up for My Care Community?
It’s easy to join My Care Community. The next time you visit one of our partner organizations, just ask. You’ll sign a consent form allowing us to help and refer you to our partners, and we’ll take care of the rest! If you ever decide to leave My Care Community, you can opt out at any time, for any reason. A complete list of partner organizations is on our website at mycarelinnco.org.
- Does it cost anything to use My Care Community?
No. My Care Community is a free service open to all local residents.
- Will My Care Community keep my information safe?
Yes. We respect your privacy and take every step to keep your information safe. Only authorized partners can see your information and will only do so for the purposes of coordinating care.
We use the most up-to-date technology to keep the data in our network safe. All of our systems comply with state and federal laws that protect your information, including HIPAA.
If you have further questions or your organization is interested in joining My Care Community network, please call Linn County Public Health at 319-892-6070.