Please plan to join us for Foundation 2 Night at Theatre Cedar Rapids (TCR) on Saturday, March 12th at 7:30 PM as TCR presents Next to Normal. This performance provides an unflinching look at a suburban family struggling with the effects of mental health touches upon many struggles common to the clients served by Foundation 2 and those in the community. 1 in 4 Americans live with a mental health condition and each of them has their own story, path and journey that says more about them than their diagnoses. Whether you live with mental health issue or are a friend, family member, care giver or medical professional, this TCR performance will start the conversation and help to decrease stigma.
There are many ways that TCR is partnering with Foundation 2 on this date to share information about our services to theatre patrons including:
- Purchase tickets for the March 12th performance using the code word “foundation2” and a % of your ticket price will be donated to Foundation 2. The more sales we have using our code, the higher the percentage! If you have already purchased tickets to this performance don’t worry, we will collect free will donations at the event.
- Foundation 2 will have a special insert sharing information about our services in the March 12th performance playbill.
- Foundation 2 staff will say a few words about our agency and services before the curtain opens on March 12th.
- Foundation 2 staff will be available to speak to patrons and hand out information in the lobby of the theatre during the March 12th performance.
- Join us in the Linge Lounge for a talk back after the performance on March 12th.
Foundation 2 is thankful to Theatre Cedar Rapids for inviting us to partner with them to bring light to the topic of mental illness.