Foundation 2 is pleased to report that our recent site review from the American Association of Suicidology (AAS) was successful and we have renewed our accreditation with AAS. Our accreditation will last through 2018. Our site reviewer was very positive about Foundation 2 services.
“Foundation 2 has a long history of delivering high quality telephonic and mobile crisis services that are integral to and highly valued by the community. Long-term association with and accreditation by AAS, and the placement of a co-examiner as Quality Director, set the stage for a site visit that was positive and collegial…”
Why is AAS accreditation important?
AAS accreditation bears practical rewards. Besides the humanistic value of assuring minimum standards of service for persons in crisis, there are other advantages:
- AAS accreditation validates service delivery programs that are performing according to nationally recognized standards
- AAS accreditation examiners offer consultation tailored to the needs of an individual program, its staff and board
- The increased visibility and credibility of an AAS-accredited program provide opportunities for modeling of program excellence to other agencies and professionals
- AAS accreditation provides a morale boost for staff working in the field of crisis intervention
- AAS-accredited programs have additional credibility with funding agencies and insurance companies
- Programs seeking AAS accreditation have access to criteria for systematic, ongoing self-evaluation
- People in life-threatening and other crises who obtain service from AAS-accredited programs are assured that staff has seriously examined their commitment to provide service according to recognized standards
Congratulations to everyone who made this site review so successful. Together we are preventing death by suicide in our community.