The Mission of Foundation 2 is to be a trusted, compassionate resource for people in crisis offering counseling, safety, and support during difficult times.
Foundation 2 believes:
- People have the potential for positive change.
- People have a right to services to help them cope with crisis.
- The definition of crisis may vary with each individual.
- People of all ages, backgrounds, and orientations have the right to be treated with compassion, respect, and dignity.
- People are entitled to a safe environment.
- Conflict is best resolved through peaceful, non-violent means.
- Services should be provided in the least restrictive environment that meets the need.
- Most suicides are preventable.
- Ultimate responsibility for decisions rests with each individual.